Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location issue

Why does my device say I am in Darlinghurst when I am living about 1 hour away from it? This became evident when I tried to sign in to Apple and got a message: Apple ID Sign In Requested xxxx@gmail.com, Your Apple ID is being used to sign in on the web near Darlinghurst, NSW. This happens whenever I try to sign in. Any suggestions please? Thanks

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 3:06 AM

Hi!

As per this article: https://support.apple.com/HT204915

"When you sign in on a new device, you’ll get a notification on your other trusted devices that includes a map showing the approximate location of the new device. This is an approximate location based on the IP address the device is currently using, rather than the exact location of the device. The location shown might reflect the network you're connected to, and not your physical location."

So it is expected that we will have a notification which doesn't show our exact location. Jsut make sure that you are the one signing in the account when you got this pop up.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 3:06 AM in response to Biptarb1

Hi!

As per this article: https://support.apple.com/HT204915

"When you sign in on a new device, you’ll get a notification on your other trusted devices that includes a map showing the approximate location of the new device. This is an approximate location based on the IP address the device is currently using, rather than the exact location of the device. The location shown might reflect the network you're connected to, and not your physical location."

So it is expected that we will have a notification which doesn't show our exact location. Jsut make sure that you are the one signing in the account when you got this pop up.

Location issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.