Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I update my password, I get a message that someone is trying to log in to my account in Chicago Il when I live in Indiana. Why is my location wrong?

When I update my password, I get a message that someone is trying to log in to my account in Chicago Il when I live in Indiana. Why is my location wrong?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 1, 2022 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2022 7:30 AM

Hi clynnr240,

That's probably nothing to worry about. It's possible your location is being determined by the business address of the service provider you use.

See the section titled, "The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device" by clicking on the link for this support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2022 7:30 AM in response to clynnr240

Hi clynnr240,

That's probably nothing to worry about. It's possible your location is being determined by the business address of the service provider you use.

See the section titled, "The first time that you sign in with your Apple ID on a new device" by clicking on the link for this support article 'Two-factor authentication for Apple ID' --> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.