Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does popup on my Iphone say that the person trying to log into my account is in Portland, OR when it is me in

why does the popup on my Iphone say that the person trying to log into my account is in a part of the country nowhere near where I am

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:25 PM

If this is a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

If you weren't logging in, check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -   

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 5:25 PM in response to barymac

If this is a popup on the screen,  about the time you were actually logging in, there is probably nothing to worry about. The location in the e-mail is where your ISP reported it. If their servers are in a location distant from you, there will be a large error. Based on other posts I have read, the distant error can be very large.

If you weren't logging in, check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.   * 

Apple ID Password Change.   -   

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  -   I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

why does popup on my Iphone say that the person trying to log into my account is in Portland, OR when it is me in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.