Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Crashes Importing or Exporting Word Documents

After working perfectly for over a year, Pages has suddenly begun crashing when I try to import a Word document or export a Pages document to Word. I have twice deleted the Pages app, rebooted my iPad and reinstalled Pages. Please offer any suggestions. Is there anything else I can do short of a complete system restore? I have a 3rd generation iPad Air using iPadOS 14.6. I do see an update is available and will try that. I have used 35GB of 64GB storage. Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 8:06 AM

Hi Theologator,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with Pages crashing. We definitely recommend you update! Once you update the iOS software, you want to go to the App Store and download any available updates for Pages as well.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 8:06 AM in response to Theologator

Hi Theologator,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We are happy to help with the issue you are having with Pages crashing. We definitely recommend you update! Once you update the iOS software, you want to go to the App Store and download any available updates for Pages as well.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to manually update apps on your Apple device

Cheers!

Pages Crashes Importing or Exporting Word Documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.