Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water in my Mac Air from the bottom

I had an issue with a spilt cup of tea on the table my mac air was laying on. I quickly grabbed it up and wiped away the tea but I do think a bit may have gotten in from the bottom. I turned it on it's side and put a fan on and sat it in the sun. I left it for 24 hours. It seems to work alright although doing a few odd things and slower but my battery will not hold a charge now. I just bought a new battery 10 months ago. When I run an Apple Diagnostic it comes with the code PPP003 which says my adapter my be the problem. I don't think that this is the problem. I just replaced that 10 months ago also. Hopefully someone out there has a good idea. I'm beginning to think the issue is between the adapter and the battery.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 10:07 AM

As innocuous as that spill may be, it could have left conductive residue inside your notebook that is potentially causing further damage the more you use it. I strongly recommend that you power-it off and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

FWIW, I had a recent "small" spill on my 2020 MacBook Pro. Although I wiped it off immediately and kept it powered off, I ended up using one of my AppleCare + "accidental" incidents to minimize the repair cost as Apple needed to replace the notebook's logic board, keypad, & display. So much for a little spill.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 10:07 AM in response to sandifromblind bay

As innocuous as that spill may be, it could have left conductive residue inside your notebook that is potentially causing further damage the more you use it. I strongly recommend that you power-it off and make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

FWIW, I had a recent "small" spill on my 2020 MacBook Pro. Although I wiped it off immediately and kept it powered off, I ended up using one of my AppleCare + "accidental" incidents to minimize the repair cost as Apple needed to replace the notebook's logic board, keypad, & display. So much for a little spill.

Water in my Mac Air from the bottom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.