Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So called corrosion/fungus at battery logic board cable

I recently bought a macbook pro 2020 i.e 6months ago with which I got an issue where the fan was running at high speed/noise.I shut down my system and tried powering it on again which did not happen so I plugged my charger in and turned it on.Then the fan did not stop running loud and the battery got a cross mark over it which made me take it to service center and was later claimed that i had a water damage which caused corossion at the cable where battery and logic board connects which actually was not corrosion but fungus for which the resolution provided is to replace the entire board which costs 60k INR. How on earth does water enter into that place and what factors are effecting/affecting it. If it is the moisture/humidity is there any direct path to the center of the board??

Any one else facing similar kind of issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2022 12:46 PM

In the specs, you'll read Macs are certified for "non condensing" environments. In places when the ambient humidity causes condensation inside the device, all sorts of problems can occur. Fungi love moisture and if present as condensate, it can flourish.

Apple devices are not sealed against moisture, either spilled on or that which condenses inside.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2022 12:46 PM in response to DeepakGrandhi

In the specs, you'll read Macs are certified for "non condensing" environments. In places when the ambient humidity causes condensation inside the device, all sorts of problems can occur. Fungi love moisture and if present as condensate, it can flourish.

Apple devices are not sealed against moisture, either spilled on or that which condenses inside.

So called corrosion/fungus at battery logic board cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.