Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using photos to create a slideshow video

Hi - I created an album of photos in photos on my macbook pro and played them as a slideshow using the vintage print theme and associated music. Love how it came out so now I’d like to save the slideshow as a video, but I can’t see an option to do that using the vintage print theme. When I right click on the album, and choose create, slideshow, photos and then export the slideshow, the background reverts to just a black background.

Is there any way to save the vintage print theme/music to a video?

This video I’m trying to create is for my son’s wedding on Sunday. Really appreciate any information anyone can share if this is possible to do.

Thanks so much. Jeannie

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 5:37 PM

4 replies

Jun 11, 2021 11:50 AM in response to Jeannie2277

The only themes that have one photo per slide are the Classic and Ken Burns themes. And those are the only two themes in which you can precisely control the order of the slides. This user tip tells how: How to turn an Album into a Slideshow and preserve the Sorting, 2019 Version

If you're running Photos 5 there are several user tips regarding problems with that version in the Thematic Index to Photos for Mac related User Tips 

Jun 10, 2021 8:04 AM in response to TonyCollinet

Hi thanks - I exported that way but didn’t notice until recently that you can change the theme on the right hand side where there is a drop down list for theme and music :). Now I’m trying to figure out how to stop it from putting more than one photo together in a slide. The vintage print theme seems to do that randomly. If you know anything about that, please share!

using photos to create a slideshow video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.