Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Vertical Lines Screen Glitch

Hi! So my ipad air 4 that i bought in january 2021 just had a glitch all of a sudden and appeared out of nowhere. I haven’t physically damaged my ipad for this to happen. All that happened was i look away from my ipad and i looked away for a bit and then when i looked back the black thick line/s were there. The screen is still responsive under it but it blocks the screen and i cant see whats under it. Luckily im used to where things are in the apps are using bc i use it a lot but its been a hassle and im gonna need my ipad in the long run. **as u can see, when i screenshot it, it looks fine**

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 1:14 AM

You appear to have a screen hardware fault. If a forced-restart fails to resolve the problem, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. The assessment will inform your available options and the viability of a repair.

To force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If you need to visit an Apple Store, a Genius Bar reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair – Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 1:14 AM in response to chicken129

You appear to have a screen hardware fault. If a forced-restart fails to resolve the problem, you would be well advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad. The assessment will inform your available options and the viability of a repair.

To force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If you need to visit an Apple Store, a Genius Bar reservation is recommended:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

iPad Repair – Official Apple Support

Black Vertical Lines Screen Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.