Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted photos from icloud.com

My simple question is: My iCloud photos are on .. so when i delete photos from icloud.com will they be deleted from the camera roll itself? or just from shared albums or icloud album

Thanks

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:44 AM

When you delete a photo from iCloud.com, it will be deleted from all devices that are syncing with iCloud Photos. If your iPhone or iPad is syncing with iCloud Photos, the photo will be deleted from photos library on that device. The purpose of iCloud Photos is to keep the photo libraries in sync and identical on all your devices with iCloud Photos. You will always be seeing the same photos and albums at iCloud.com and on all your synced devices.

Shared Albums are using independent (smaller) copies of your photos, so the photo will not be deleted from a shared album, if you shared it there.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 4:44 AM in response to jackander

When you delete a photo from iCloud.com, it will be deleted from all devices that are syncing with iCloud Photos. If your iPhone or iPad is syncing with iCloud Photos, the photo will be deleted from photos library on that device. The purpose of iCloud Photos is to keep the photo libraries in sync and identical on all your devices with iCloud Photos. You will always be seeing the same photos and albums at iCloud.com and on all your synced devices.

Shared Albums are using independent (smaller) copies of your photos, so the photo will not be deleted from a shared album, if you shared it there.

Jun 10, 2021 7:04 AM in response to jackander

As per the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What happened to the Camera Roll album on my iOS device?

After you turn on iCloud Photos, the Camera Roll album is replaced with an All Photos album. The All Photos album gives you the same compact scroll view, now with all your photos and videos organized by the date you add them.

If you delete photos from iPhone when iCloud is turned as on synced devices iPhone / Mac / iPad the photos will simultaneously deleted from all devices and moved in recently deleted Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Delete photos or recover deleted ones in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Shared albums photos will not be deleted ( as if you share albums the devices are not necessarily signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same essential same network ) , however photos will also be deleted from iCloud.com

Deleted photos from icloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.