Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos saved to icloud

If I delete photos from my iPhone or iPad are they automatically deleted from iCloud? If so is there any way to stop them being deleted from iCloud? I pay for extra storage so I have plenty.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2022 4:04 AM

iCloud Photos is a file synching service, not a backup service per se so if you are using iCloud photos on your device then there is no way of not deleting the photos in iCloud when deleting them on your device. You would have to save the pictures on a separate hard drive or flash drive in order to keep them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2022 4:04 AM in response to loolie6

iCloud Photos is a file synching service, not a backup service per se so if you are using iCloud photos on your device then there is no way of not deleting the photos in iCloud when deleting them on your device. You would have to save the pictures on a separate hard drive or flash drive in order to keep them.

Photos saved to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.