📢 Newsroom Update

Introducing Apple Watch Series 10. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Watch Ultra 2 now available in black titanium. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple watch is already scratched, what can I do?

Good morning, I purchased a new Apple Watch Series 6 and it arrived Friday June 4, by Sunday June 6, I noticed a few micro scratches and one deeper one in the top right corner (can be felt when you run your fingernail over it). I have included a photo for your records.

I must admit I am very disappointed. I previously had an apple watch, series 3 for a year and a half without a single scratch and did not think I would need additional screen protection when purchasing a much newer version. I thought surely the steeper price tag would come with more durable technology. Almost $1000 for a watch and on day 2, when being most careful with new, precious devices, its already scratched? I'm considering returning but I have already gifted my old one.

What can I do?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 6:38 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 10, 2021 10:11 AM in response to shanelbow

I have had the sapphire crystal apple watch series 0 for almost 6 years (I am upgrading to a series 6) and in that time without a screen protector, I have not had one scratch on the watch and on the screen so I want to know what are you doing with it? I would recommend a screen protector return it get a new one if you want and also get a case and screen protector

Jun 10, 2021 10:24 AM in response to khalin148

Thanks for your input, I am definitely looking into a screen protector now but as I mentioned, 1.5 years with the S3 with not issues, I didn't think I needed that additional protection. As far as what I am doing, I wear it daily, all day, and specifically within the 2 days that these scratches happened, I was home and doing basic house work like cleaning. I don't love the cases I've seen, they look quite bulky, so if you have any recommendations, I would welcome them!

New Apple watch is already scratched, what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.