Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is different with Safari and other browsers?

I keep getting the same tired old run around at various websites when things do not work. Typically, they partly work that is to say. When I submit a help request to their support people, their response is always along the line of 'there is a known issue with Safari, try using a different browser.' They have never identified what this know issue is, not once.

One website has been giving me this answer for over a year. Lately, based on what I can see on the webpage at times it says that I am logged in and not logged in at the same time, i.e. ". . .&login=true" but the login window on the page says that I am a guest. So I did try using Firefox and things did work fine with that. Which is odd, because changing to Firefox normally does not do anything.

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 9:55 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 17, 2021 10:39 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Good morning,

I am sorry for the long wait in replying to your answer. I have been waiting to see what in this case, Nikon, had to say with regard to that canned answer and I had asked for some specifics. I am posting their reply below. In that they admittedly designed their site for specific browsers, I take it that they did use non-standard code applicable to those browsers. I have not created a website for decades and when I did, I used BBEdit and strict HTML coding and followed W3C. I don't know if folks bother with W3C anymore, or perhaps I am just too far behind the times to know what I am talking about.

However, I thought it was the World Wide Web, not the Chrome nor Firefox Wide Web??

==============================NIKON RESPONSE========================================

"Unfortunately the website was specifically designed with Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox in mind. As of now we do not have the answer to why it does not work properly with Safari or other known browsers. Hopefully in the future we will have this issue will be resolved. If you require further assistance, do not hesitate to reach back out to us."

What is different with Safari and other browsers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.