Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased ESPN to watch on my Apple TV and cannot get connected. Now I am being told a cable or satellite connection is required. Is there anyway past this?

I purchased ESPN to watch on my Apple TX and cannot get connected without providing a TV provider. Now I am being told ESPN requires a cable or satellite subscription. Why sell an app that cannot be used on streaming devices?

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:54 AM

ESPN+ is ESPN’s standalone subscription streaming service. It is available in the ESPN app when signed in with an account that has this subscription. They have monthly and yearly plans, and PPV separately. The app is free, you pay for being subscribed to the service. The app would include in-app subscribe options, if you do not subscribe yet, and prefer to consolidate subscriptions through Apple: In-app subscriptions would be added to your Apple ID account.

(The same app can be used with cable or satellite subscriptions that have ESPN in their channel package. Then you’ll need to authenticate (sign in) with your cable or satellite account.)

ESPN app - App Store preview - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 12:54 AM in response to Goldenjake95

ESPN+ is ESPN’s standalone subscription streaming service. It is available in the ESPN app when signed in with an account that has this subscription. They have monthly and yearly plans, and PPV separately. The app is free, you pay for being subscribed to the service. The app would include in-app subscribe options, if you do not subscribe yet, and prefer to consolidate subscriptions through Apple: In-app subscriptions would be added to your Apple ID account.

(The same app can be used with cable or satellite subscriptions that have ESPN in their channel package. Then you’ll need to authenticate (sign in) with your cable or satellite account.)

ESPN app - App Store preview - Apple

I purchased ESPN to watch on my Apple TV and cannot get connected. Now I am being told a cable or satellite connection is required. Is there anyway past this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.