Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I messages are still green no matter what I do

My friend and I both have iPhones both of our iMessages buttons are toggled on we both restarted our phones and yet when I sent her messages they’re green SMS

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:41 PM

To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. See the 'Choose cellular data options for data usage, performance, battery life, and more' section in:

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone - Apple Support

and see the'Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime' section in:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 4:41 PM in response to smallest concern

To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. See the 'Choose cellular data options for data usage, performance, battery life, and more' section in:

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone - Apple Support

and see the'Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime' section in:

If you get an error when trying to activate iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Jun 10, 2021 4:55 PM in response to javaliga

Hi

I was working with my carrier just now who said go into the iMessages app and changed a setting in the send and receive, the part where it says “starting a new conversation” where my phone number had been checked instead he said to check the email address because somehow that is connected to my texting. I have no idea but that seem to work. Thanks for your input.

I messages are still green no matter what I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.