Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot accept family sharing invitation

Oh my sister in law sent the invite and her old IPad (running 14.6). She scrubbed it clean otherwise. When I tap the get started button, it takes me to iCloud but there is no invitations (the word is no where to be found) or any other ways to proceed. Now she had been using it prior so I know it must be something dumb I am doing (shoot me, I’m a PC guy) but I have checked everywhere and haven’t a clue. Logins seem fine. Heeellllpp!

Thanks

Miles

iPad mini 4, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 8:32 AM

Salutations Milestheold,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Apple Support Communities! It seems that you are unable to accept a Family Sharing invitation. We will be honored to assist you!

To accept an invitation follow these steps on your iPhone:

“ On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > [your name] > Invitations.

To accept an invitation, follow the onscreen instructions. When you join a family, you might be asked to confirm your account information and to opt-in to any features or services your family set up. “

If you are unable to accept the invitation your family member can resend an invitation by following these steps:

“ See if your family member accepted the invitation

After you send the invitation, you can check its status under the person's name.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.

Then select that person's name to see the status of the invitation. If you need to resend the invitation, select Resend Invitation. “

For more information see the article below:

Set up Family Sharing

Have a joyful day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 8:32 AM in response to Milestheold

Salutations Milestheold,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Apple Support Communities! It seems that you are unable to accept a Family Sharing invitation. We will be honored to assist you!

To accept an invitation follow these steps on your iPhone:

“ On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > [your name] > Invitations.

To accept an invitation, follow the onscreen instructions. When you join a family, you might be asked to confirm your account information and to opt-in to any features or services your family set up. “

If you are unable to accept the invitation your family member can resend an invitation by following these steps:

“ See if your family member accepted the invitation

After you send the invitation, you can check its status under the person's name.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing.

Then select that person's name to see the status of the invitation. If you need to resend the invitation, select Resend Invitation. “

For more information see the article below:

Set up Family Sharing

Have a joyful day!

Cannot accept family sharing invitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.