Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing not working

I used to have my daughter on a sharing plan with me. She was using an old iPhone that only worked on wifi at the time.

Recently, she and I both got new phones. Both are on a service plan now. Iphone 13 and IPhone 13 pro. However, now the family sharing isn’t working. So, I deleted her and tried to send her a new invite. When I send her an invite via text, it’s not clickable. Nothing happens. If I air drop it, it just disappears. Also, in her settings, the ICloud and FindMy options are grayed out. On my phone, it just shows that an invite was sent. She is signed in to account and everything else is working fine.

The photo shows how it looks on her end. Please help! I’m so frustrated with it and I’m sure it’s something easy.

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2022 10:15 AM

Make sure you are doing everything exactly as Apple directs:

Click on this link to learn how to 'Set up Family Sharing' --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

For example, I don't see anything about text messages, and it certainly should be possible to do using an Internet connection.

You don't mention you daughter's age. How things behave will vary greatly depending upon if you daughter is 6 or 60.

Have you tried simply signing out of your accounts and signing back in? Same for simply restarting the devices?

If you still have questions or problems:

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2022 10:15 AM in response to DobbyCatt

Make sure you are doing everything exactly as Apple directs:

Click on this link to learn how to 'Set up Family Sharing' --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Read the section: "Invite people to join your family"

For example, I don't see anything about text messages, and it certainly should be possible to do using an Internet connection.

You don't mention you daughter's age. How things behave will vary greatly depending upon if you daughter is 6 or 60.

Have you tried simply signing out of your accounts and signing back in? Same for simply restarting the devices?

If you still have questions or problems:

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2022 10:22 AM in response to DobbyCatt

These things mostly have to do with the settings on a particular Apple ID, not any particular hardware. A new phone should not make any difference. Is she using the same ID (if she has any purchases that is particularly important)?

Depending upon the country she would not necessarily have to have a child-labeled account now but it would probably be a good idea to keep parental controls entered on her phone until you are ready to cut some apron strings.

Also have a look at:

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 21, 2022 9:43 AM in response to Limnos

Thank you so much!!! I’ve followed the steps but I will go through it again. Her age is 13. Could that be causing an issue? I guess I’m super confused because it always worked fine with her old phone but when very thing was transferred to the new phones, it was like this. The text message thing that I wrote about was an option given to me when sending her the invite to join the family sharing.

thanks again!!!

Family Sharing not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.