Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot remove Family Sharing from my Daughter's phone

We have a big problem with Family sharing and the Apple ID on my Daughter's phone.

Before she had her own phone, she used my old ipad. Then recently she got a new phone, but she has my old apple ID on that phone now. My daughter is 12.

1. She has her own apple ID (we actually logged in on apple website etc), but I cannot replace mine with her own ID
  2. Also, somehow she was the 'organiser' (using my adult apple ID) of Family sharing. We followed all the suggested step (First we removed me and my wife from the existing family sharing. Second we set up a new family sharing via my wife and invite my daughter. When she received the email notification and clicked 'joined' she got the notification " you are already in another family" with the advise to leave the current family first.

The only suggestion that I saw that I did not try ( but this is a bit of a nuclear option) is to ' restart phone and reset to factory settings'

What is the advise? Thanks!

iPhone SE (Gen 2)

Posted on Aug 24, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 11:35 AM

Try the steps in this article for transferring the phone to her.

Selling/Giving Away Device.  *

If you daughter is the organizer, she can disband the family.

Family Sharing - Leave.  *

Similar questions

1 reply

Cannot remove Family Sharing from my Daughter's phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.