Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Names and Icons

Last year my youngest daughter got her first iPhone for Christmas. Prior to that it was only my wife, my oldest daughter and I all sharing my Apple ID (that included 3 iPhones, 3 Apple Watch’s, 4 iPads, 2 Macs and 1 iPod Touch) . Now I know that is frowned upon but it worked for many years with little to no problems. But when it came time to put the youngest daughter’s phone into service I decided to make the move to Family Sharing. I followed all of the steps I got from Apple support to the letter. Everyone has there own separate Apple ID and E-mail. I had both my wife and oldest daughter sign out of my Apple ID on there phones (iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPhone XR) and sign into there own Apple ID accounts. Then one at a time sent everyone a invite, and got everyone up and running on Family Sharing. Everything was purity good for a while, there would be occasions where the families Apple ID icons would mixed up with another family sharing member’s or you could go to Settings > Tap your name > Family Sharing and the list of Family Sharing members would show my name and icon as me and my wife. And this could be shown with all kinds of combinations (The names are all right but the icons are mixed up or shows the same icon for two people) or (The name and icon shows the same for two people) these occasions have been happening more often in the last month. Can anyone help.

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2022 12:27 PM

Thanks for the additional information.

Do any of you have other Apple devices? For example, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod, Mac, Apple TV? If so, did you sign into the correct Apple IDs on all those devices? If not, do that now and test for a while as normal and see if the same thing still happens.

Kindest regards!

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 4, 2022 12:13 PM in response to ace1018

Yes, all phones are updated to 15.3.1. I have restarted all phones twice (once all at the same time and once one at a time). This problem is most often seen on my wife’s, oldest daughter and my phone, I do not think I have seen this happen on my youngest daughter’s phone (maybe once or twice when I first started the Family Sharing) (it was never on my account). This is most often seen on my wife’s and my phone.

Mar 12, 2022 10:05 AM in response to Shannon_DN

Now this is truly silly after I read the last post I thought hard, and I'm 100% sure I had the family sign out of my account on there phones before signing into there new solo accounts. And I'm 98% sure I scanned the list of account devices on my phone after everything was done and found no ones device in the list. But reading the last post I looked once again and what did I find? My wife's iPhone and my oldest daughters Apple Watch signed into my Apple ID account on my phone but not theres. Removed both of these devices and five minutes later everything went to the way it should be. I have been watching it for a week now, and I still have not had any name or icon mix ups. I'm going to call it fixed. Thank You to everyone that helped. It wasn't a big issue, but it was super annoying. Thanks again

Family Sharing Names and Icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.