Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My family sharing option cannot be selected. It’s greyed out. How do I fix this?

i need to set up family sharing as my daughter is going to start to use my old iPhone. I’ve never done this before so I’m error, we trying to connect her phone to my iCloud so that I could back up her photos, I did not do my research and because this stuff dies not come to me intuitively, I started to connected her iPhone straight to my Apple ID. So long story short, after research the major error- that I lost the ability on my iPhone to set it up via family sharing Bc it was defaulting to my daughters phone. I reset her phone now thinking it would default back to my phone but it’s still grey out. Please help. I would very grateful for any guidance.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:09 PM

Tap on, read, and accept the Terms & Conditions, as accepting those is a prerequisite for using iCloud. Then try again.

And as I’m not entirely certain of the details of this particular configuration, do not share the same Apple ID among different people. That ends badly. Everybody gets their own Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 1:09 PM in response to Ashstoesser

Tap on, read, and accept the Terms & Conditions, as accepting those is a prerequisite for using iCloud. Then try again.

And as I’m not entirely certain of the details of this particular configuration, do not share the same Apple ID among different people. That ends badly. Everybody gets their own Apple ID.

My family sharing option cannot be selected. It’s greyed out. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.