Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family member cannot accept invitation to join home

8 months after being told there was a bug they were fixing, I still cannot add my wife to my Home App.

I can invite, but when she tries to accept it (eventually) fails and messes up the appleid settings for me by using her appleid for iCloud and mine for media.

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 10:05 AM

Support sent me a new home profile for my, and my wife’s phones and after installing those I could start from scratch and all worked as intended - finally!

Apparently our two appleids were using the same “control” number?

5 replies

Dec 31, 2021 6:37 AM in response to gcobley

This is happening to me too! My husband and I have different apple IDs but are in a family together. When he tries to invite me to his home my phone says I can’t accept the invitation and then it changes the name and Apple ID listed on his home to be my info until we restart the app. It is very odd.

Family member cannot accept invitation to join home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.