Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay Maps voice volume is TOO LOUD! Settings vol control does nothing— help!

This is a question which seems to have been asked here (and all over the web) for several years: How can I get Siri to stop shouting directions at top volume? It actually seems to be getting louder lately!

I’ll be listening to an audiobook at a normal volume. Then the voice direction jumps in, loudly enough to make pedestrians jump.

Turning down the volume on the stereo of my 2019 Chevy Bolt (iPhone 12) only turns down the audiobook/radio. The navigation voice is as loud as ever. And btw— the same was true with my 2005 Scion Xb and an iPhone 6.

YES, I’ve gone into Settings countless times, only to find that it’s always set for the lowest volume level.

Why is this still a problem? This question has been out there for YEARS! Does anyone have a working solution?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 7:44 AM

KiltedTim: As I mentioned in my original post, i *have* gone into Settings. Over and over! It is set at the lowest volume level, no matter how many times I look. I’ve even tried changing it to the louder level, then back to the lowest, in case that sort of re-sets it…but NO IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Again: in Settings, it’s set to the lowest volume level, but the navigation volume that comes out of the speaker is VERY LOUD.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 7:44 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim: As I mentioned in my original post, i *have* gone into Settings. Over and over! It is set at the lowest volume level, no matter how many times I look. I’ve even tried changing it to the louder level, then back to the lowest, in case that sort of re-sets it…but NO IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Again: in Settings, it’s set to the lowest volume level, but the navigation volume that comes out of the speaker is VERY LOUD.

Jun 15, 2021 8:41 AM in response to Maria Jette

I have the exact same problem on a 2019 Lincoln with Sync3. Agree with the original poster. Changing the ios map setting to "low volume" does nothing. 'Low volume' setting is being ignored by Carplay. Adjusting the volume knob on the stereo while the voice is speaking... does nothing. It lowers the voice volume for the current instruction, and the next instruction is just as blaring loud as before. Deleting Waze has been suggested as well in some other posts... this does nothing. Adjusting volume in Sync 3 infotainment system settings... does nothing. This must be a bug in Apple Maps and its compatibility with some infotainment systems. Really wish Apple would fix this. In contrast, Waze volume setting works just fine with Carplay. So the problem lies with Apple Maps. It's been a known issue for at least 2 years now if you search the forums. If Waze can solve it, surely Apple can.

Jun 11, 2021 7:26 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Hi, lobsterghost—

I’ve read that several times—but it doesn’t work, and I’ve tried doing it over and over and over and over…

I have a feeling Siri in Maps is a different thing from Siri just doing her usual Siri talking. If I summon Siri while driving for something like sending a text, her volume level is fine. It’s only the navigation volume which is so high.

CarPlay Maps voice volume is TOO LOUD! Settings vol control does nothing— help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.