Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After successful initial backup to Time Machine Drive, Time Machine Preference Pane show no backup. help,please

I use a Samsung T7 1TB external SSD as Time Machine drive. It filled up, after three months. A few days ago, backup continue to be completed, but backup date stuck, and it show June 8, 2021 as latest backup even though the real lates5 backup is June 11.

sos I stop using the drive, erase it, reformat it to HFS+ and use it as TM drive, then I start the initial backup. The first backup completed successfully, but Time Machine preference land show that there is no backup.

I try to reboot, reinsert the drive but that do not help. My Mac is an m1 MacBook Pro

how to I fix this mess? Help, please.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 1:43 PM

TM with Big Sur needs to be formatted APFS which it usually does automatically assuming you started with clean drive. I would erase and format APFS and then try the backup once again.

Similar questions

1 reply

After successful initial backup to Time Machine Drive, Time Machine Preference Pane show no backup. help,please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.