Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error messages in Apple ID under Systems Preferences that says "Update Apple ID Settings"

As above, but it then also says below it: "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again". I also also been unable to login in to Music or Apple TV to use these services. This is a new Mac mini M1 chip that I just bought.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 9:00 AM

How is the M1 connected to the internet? Have you tried power-cycling the router? If not, please do so. If the problem still persists and you’re connected through WiFi, please click on the WiFi icon with the option key depressed and post a snapshot here.

Similar questions

12 replies

Jun 12, 2021 9:06 AM in response to Furio74

Furio74 wrote:

Yes, I have all of this working on my iPhone no problem. I only have these problems with my Mac mini M1 that I just purchased to replace an older one I had.

Did you start out with a new macOS install on the Mac mini, or were you provided a login password? Because if you didn’t start with a fresh install, you may well be encountering apps or an entire macOS install associated with the previous owner.

Getting error messages in Apple ID under Systems Preferences that says "Update Apple ID Settings"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.