Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my password for my notes how can I unlock them

Forgot my password to my notes on my iPhone xr

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 1:09 PM

Why in the world are you asking a question that you already know the answer to?

You can't unlock them. Full stop. You asked "how can I unlock them".

You got the only answer it's possible to give...

Well, ok, there is another... REMEMBER the password you used to encrypt the notes.

That's it. Without it, you CAN NOT unlock them.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 1:09 PM in response to rogelio158

Why in the world are you asking a question that you already know the answer to?

You can't unlock them. Full stop. You asked "how can I unlock them".

You got the only answer it's possible to give...

Well, ok, there is another... REMEMBER the password you used to encrypt the notes.

That's it. Without it, you CAN NOT unlock them.

Jun 11, 2021 1:00 PM in response to rogelio158

rogelio158 wrote:

that doesn’t answer my question not helpful

It answers your question correctly and succinctly. You just don’t like answer. Your only option is to keep guessing the passcode and hope you finally hit on the correct one. Without the password you can just toss those notes now.

How to lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

From the Apple KB article.

If you forgot your notes password
To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.

Jun 11, 2021 12:58 PM in response to rogelio158

rogelio158 wrote:

that doesn’t answer my question not helpful

It absolutely did answer your question. Your question was how you could unlock notes if you forgot your locked notes password. KiltedTim, correctly told you that you simply can't unless you know the password. He also told you that when you locked the notes by password, they became encrypted. That means without the correct password, which is only stored on your phone (encrypted so no one can find it), you will never be able to unlock the notes.

You may not like the answer he gave you, but he indeed gave you the only answer which exists for your situation.

You're now learning a valuable lesson. Important passwords need to be stored somewhere for future recall to avoid situations such as this.

Jun 11, 2021 1:12 PM in response to rogelio158

What you appear to not be grasping is their is no magical solution to the issue. You MUST know the password to unlock a locked note. If you don’t know the password, the note cannot be unlocked, by anyone. There is no mechanism - none - to unlock a locked note without the password.

You can ask the question as many times as you wish, but that will never generate a mechanism to do something that cannot be done.

Jun 11, 2021 1:30 PM in response to rogelio158

If the notes lock password was your passcode, it would unlock them. You may have thought that's the code you used, but the phone didn't change it from whatever password you did use. You just don't know what it is. There is nothing anyone can do to help you. You can keep guessing and guessing and guessing. Until you enter the correct password, the notes will remain locked. End of story.

I forgot my password for my notes how can I unlock them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.