Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to access’my locked notes bcz I forgot my password of that notes

I am not able to access my notes on my iphone bcz I forgot the password of that notes..

Posted on Jun 28, 2021 12:18 AM

6 replies

Jul 6, 2021 10:02 AM in response to _keelah

When you created the password for the locked notes, you were given the option to create a hint to help you remember the password. If you didn't take advantage of that opportunity, you won't be able to ever unlock the notes unless you can remember the password, as KiltedTim has correctly informed you. Anytime you create a password that is important to be able to recall, you should note it down somewhere where you can recall it if you need it. Otherwise, what would be the value of locking something if it could be easily bypassed?

Jul 6, 2021 7:59 PM in response to Kurtosis12

How come I will never be able to recover, it it is in my iPhone with my Apple ID I wrote those notes and I set the password and I forgot it because I’m a human, and I can Proved that those notes are mine so how I can’t recover them that doesn’t make sense, like you are protecting my things from me??!!

come on there gotta be way to recover it!!!!

Jul 6, 2021 8:41 PM in response to HIH_217

Because the lock password is encrypted on your phone and cannot be found, removed, replaced or any other means other than entering the correct password. As I mentioned, if the notes were important enough to lock, it was important enough for you to note the password or create a hint when you had the opportunity to create one. It matters not at all that you own your phone.

This is how it is and there is no other solution, period.

I am not able to access’my locked notes bcz I forgot my password of that notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.