Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music error (-42800)

I just changed my iPhone X battery today. When i tried to play the songs that I've downloaded on Apply Music, it shows a message says: "This Operation cannot be Completed. Error (-42800)". And, i deleted all the songs, then try to play them on streaming, it still shows that error message. I restarted my phone couple times, and plug in the cable, but the error remains.

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 11:37 PM

Not really. The use of that combination of buttons just force restart the phone Here is info about it: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

I did that as a final step because sometimes iOS gets stuck applying some changes so a restart “wakes it up”. However, signing out from your iCloud account and then signing in should fix the problem right away.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2021 11:37 PM in response to maalsglock

Not really. The use of that combination of buttons just force restart the phone Here is info about it: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

I did that as a final step because sometimes iOS gets stuck applying some changes so a restart “wakes it up”. However, signing out from your iCloud account and then signing in should fix the problem right away.

Jun 15, 2021 6:58 PM in response to EnnisLi

Today I’ve done a battery replacement on my iPhone 6S and I got the same error code as you when I tried to play some music on Apple Music. However, I fixed the problem. You just need to sign out your Apple ID from your device, then restart the phone (press home + lock button until the Apple logo appears) and finally sign in again.

That worked for me, I hope it can help you.

Sep 1, 2021 3:23 AM in response to EnnisLi

Hi, im experienced same issue, today i just change my battery and same error happened, and just find a solution

• Uninstall apple music
  • Re download apple music
  • go to settings - Music - scroll to download options - turn off “download in dolby atmos”
  • open ur apple music
  • find some music on apple music, download it and play the music, it works on my phone

:)

Jul 7, 2021 10:56 AM in response to LeslieJH

Hi leslie, i got into the conclusion that it's not a battery replacing problem. It is actually a problem with the new Apple Music Features, dolby atmos, looseless and Hi-res looseless, because when i have this formats on the settings, i have this problem. When I use the high resolution format and not those I mentioned it works perfectly fine. I even think apple doesn't know what or how is this problem caused.

Aug 24, 2021 9:28 PM in response to fernandauruwuwu

Hola fernanda JAJAJ, te entiendo. Todo en ingles aveces es un poco😀🤯

Bueno, bien se sabe que este error solo aparece cuando tienes las opciones de lossless y dolby atmos activas para las canciones, desde Apple Music en configuración.

No es la app, tal vez sea el telefono o el sistema operativo en el que estés; en algúnos casos este error se da cuando hacen algún cambio de pantalla, batería o alguna otra parte del iPhone, pero no es un problema de esto ya que en mi caso yo no he reemplazado ninguna parte de mi iPhone y este error me aparecía. 

En algunos casos sirve esto:

1-cerrar sesión en el iPhone desde configuración, sin restaurarlo a el estado fabrica, solo cerrar sesión en el iPhone y volver a iniciar sesión.

2-Actualizar a la versión mas reciente, la cual es IOS 14.7.1

3-Eliminar la App de Apple Music y reinstalarla

4- O desactivar las opciones de lossless y Dolby Atmos desde la configuración de Apple Music

Como ultima opción te recomendaría hacer una restauración a los estados de fabrica, pero antes probar todas las opciones que te mencioné anteriormente.

ya que en mi caso yo restauré mi telefono y de igual manera seguía ocurriendo el error, lo único que me sirvió fue esperar a que saliera IOS 14.7

en ese entonces; para que se mejora.

Sino te funciona nada . Entonces te recomiendo ir a tu tienda Apple o un vendedor autorizado para que te ayuden, pero hasta donde se.

Ni siquiera Apple sabe que realmente ocasiona este problema.

Espero haberte ayudado a ti y a otras personas de habla hispana🥰

Aug 25, 2021 11:10 AM in response to fernandauruwuwu

La solución que hay en este foro y que funciona la mayor parte el tiempo es cerrar la sesión de Apple ID, luego vuelves a iniciar y se debería haber arreglado el problema. Sin embargo, si el problema persiste algunos usuarios lo han solucionado desactivando las opciones de "Lossless" y "Dolby Atmos" en la configuración de la app Música. Prueba y nos comentas. Saludos.

Nov 18, 2021 9:12 AM in response to EnnisLi

To fix music error -42800 you’ll need to go to your settings>music>In the “Audio” section Turn off “Dolby Atmos”>click on “Audio Quality”>turn off “Lossless Audio” then go back to music settings>In the “Downloads” section turn off “Download in Dolby Atmos”

After all steps are complete you’ll need to go to your music and all the songs you have downloaded you’ll need to delete the “download” and download again.

This happens usually after a repair to device and the new part for some reason is causing a hardware/coding issue that makes the new sound settings from Apple not compatible.

I’ve tried all the steps on the internet and this is the only way it’s guaranteed to work.

Turning off the new Apple sound settings and for future downloads will have your songs playing with the old settings which we all had before with no problems and really not much difference between sounds.

Hope this helps.

Apple Music error (-42800)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.