Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add Yahoo Mail to iphone 6 os 12.5.3

Stopped getting emails on iphone 6. Deleted yahoo account then tried to add it back. Get message "Something's gone wrong. Lets try this again" Msg has ATT logo. Yahoo email account works fine on my PC. Also cannot access Safari from the icon on iphone 6. Get the same message. Did a reboot and hard reboot on phone. No help. Also deleted email app and added it back from icloud, no change. Am certain I am using the correct yahoo account (it is xxxxxx@att.net) and PW

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 9:01 PM

The phone model shouldn't matter, it should work on your iPhone 6.

Its hard to diagnose without actually seeing what you are seeing. Yes visiting AT&T or Apple in person would be your best bet. They can see what is actually going on and help walk you through it.

When you do get it sorted out, please post back how you fixed it as it would benefit others in your predicament.

Just an FYI, an iPhone 6 is very outdated and can't support the newest operating systems. Its not necessary, but recommended to buy a new phone that can support the latest updates.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 9:01 PM in response to shopclock

The phone model shouldn't matter, it should work on your iPhone 6.

Its hard to diagnose without actually seeing what you are seeing. Yes visiting AT&T or Apple in person would be your best bet. They can see what is actually going on and help walk you through it.

When you do get it sorted out, please post back how you fixed it as it would benefit others in your predicament.

Just an FYI, an iPhone 6 is very outdated and can't support the newest operating systems. Its not necessary, but recommended to buy a new phone that can support the latest updates.

Jun 11, 2021 8:37 PM in response to shopclock

Don't feel bad that this is a challenge for you, everyone here will try to help you as best they can.

I'm sorry but that is an email address that AT&T has given you, it is not a Yahoo account. As I stated before, a Yahoo email account will end in @yahoo.com

That fact that your email address ends in att.net is pretty much a giveaway that this is an email address from AT&T.

So, go on your computer, launch your email client and see what the "from" field lists as your email address is. Write the down then on your iPhone go create a new email account and enter the information you wrote down and the password.

I f that doesn't work I would suggest contacting your service provider (AT&T) and ask if they can help with restoring your email account.

Jun 12, 2021 8:45 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks, I tried this. Logged in but didn't see anywhere on the Yahoo security page where you could click "Generate APP password". And there's no way to get help from Yahoo tech support without paying for it. I can do that, but have doubts they can help. Spent a long time in a chat with Apple yesterday and at the end all they said was contact Yahoo tech support.

Jun 12, 2021 8:50 AM in response to shopclock

Thanks. You all are VERY helpful. I will try to contact AT&T and see if they can help. I'll let you know. Do you think if I got a new iphone that my Yahoo email will work on it? This one is pretty old and isn't getting anymore software updates, so I'm going to need to get a new phone someday because I'm sure other apps will not work properly. Google already won't update because of the old iphone software level.

Jun 12, 2021 8:48 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Okay, so I don't have yahoo email, even though I can go to yahoo.com on this PC and log on with my @att.net AT&T email address/PW and get my email. Sorry, I should have asked, do you think if I got a new iphone my AT&T @att.net email address will work on it? I believe you when you say I don't have yahoo email, but that info doesn't answer my original question. How do I get my @att.net email back on my iphone 6.

Seems to me, maybe stupidly, since I haven't gotten any suggestion (at least any I could get to work) to get my email back on my iphone 6, but friends with new iphones kept their @att.net address, that the problem is, in a round about, way related to my old generation phone? So a new phone is my best answer since I need email on my phone and don't want to change my email address.

Any other other suggestions? Visit the ATT store or Apple store to see if they can help? Or just bite the bullet and get a new phone?

Jun 25, 2021 1:17 PM in response to shopclock

I have the same iPhone 6 and the same IOS with ATT through Yahoo. After several attempts I finally reloaded my email account.

The trick is you have to go to SETTINGS, PASSWORD AND ACCOUNTS, then add account. Select Yahoo and enter your ID xxxx.att.net and ATT password, save.

Do not just tap the mail Icon on your phone--does not work

Cannot add Yahoo Mail to iphone 6 os 12.5.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.