Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mail on lap top does not load

Apple mail on lap top does not load. When laptop is started, it flashes for 2 seconds then gives me a window that says, "mail quit unexpectedly" I have a Macbook Air, Version OS X El Capitan. 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5. I am also low on storage, only have 4.26GB left. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 1:46 AM

Defiantly could be related. No enough Empty Disk Space the the computer OS does not have enough Empty Space to cache, swap thing into and out of Memory. Really do suggest one attends to the Empty Space issue Before the computer will Stop booting at all.

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

How to free up storage space on your Mac

Plus - get a reliable External USB Drive and move as much of Photo, Videos, Music, Podcasts, Old iPhone Backups off the Internal Drive asap.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 1:46 AM in response to jolifromlebanon

Defiantly could be related. No enough Empty Disk Space the the computer OS does not have enough Empty Space to cache, swap thing into and out of Memory. Really do suggest one attends to the Empty Space issue Before the computer will Stop booting at all.

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

How to free up storage space on your Mac

Plus - get a reliable External USB Drive and move as much of Photo, Videos, Music, Podcasts, Old iPhone Backups off the Internal Drive asap.

Jun 12, 2021 4:13 PM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for your input.

I do have Carbonite backup but didn't know if I delete everything if it will delete off of Carbonite. I purchased a Seagate 3T external drive but not sure how to operate it. It appeared that I would have to transfer photos one at a time. ?? My Apps (24.28 GB), photos (21.84GB)(8268 photos), movies (5.32 GB), audio (2.48 GB) & backups (3.1 GB) storage is very low compared to "Other" (62.27 GB), which I assume may be emails & documents. I have been deleting lots of documents but they take up very little space & don't reduce the GB much. I do not do any streaming, gaming or have any remotes hooked up besides my bluetooth printer. I don't have "Manage" option in my storage window. My "Trash" is empty. I don't have movies stored except a couple DVD's I made that were transferred from my old laptop. Now what? Help is appreciated.

Apple mail on lap top does not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.