Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage IPhone 6s

I have power on my phone but screen is black after dropping phone in water can this be fixed by myself

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 9:49 PM

Since it’s the iPhone 6s, it is not intended to be water resistant, therefore it is probably damaged. So if your up to doing service to your own device than you should be good to go ahead. If the screen is black that almost guarantees that it’s not functional so probably your only options would be to fix it yourself or bring it into a apple store

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 9:49 PM in response to Gunnerross250

Since it’s the iPhone 6s, it is not intended to be water resistant, therefore it is probably damaged. So if your up to doing service to your own device than you should be good to go ahead. If the screen is black that almost guarantees that it’s not functional so probably your only options would be to fix it yourself or bring it into a apple store

Water damage IPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.