Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad issues

Hi, so I just bought a brand new m1 MacBook Air 8gb ram and 512 gb ssd. At first I thought I'm not used to the trackpad because its my first time using a Mac but then I noticed that the cursor would move itself and the trackpad would stop responding and sometimes even start clicking on its own. The click won't work and after a restart it would start working but only for 5-6 minutes, I've only downloaded a few browsers and lumafusion. I thought updating it to 11.4 would fix it but it didn't.

Now what do I do?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 3:43 AM

Hi,

Try to check your TrackPad with Apple Diagnostics if it's a hardware related issue(NDR001, NDR003 to NDR006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports hardware issue or even not, you'd better contact Apple Support to tell them the circumstance you face with now, or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 3:43 AM in response to saadsal

Hi,

Try to check your TrackPad with Apple Diagnostics if it's a hardware related issue(NDR001, NDR003 to NDR006).

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports hardware issue or even not, you'd better contact Apple Support to tell them the circumstance you face with now, or make Genius Bar reservation if your local retail Apple Store is open or find opened local Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Air.

Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector

Trackpad issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.