You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac as second monitor on a windows laptop

we are looking at purchasing the new imac for the home but it would be good if i can use it as a second monitor for my work windows laptop, is this at all possible? I don't want to have a second windows monitor on the desk alongside the imac if possible.

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 8:05 AM

3 replies

Jun 12, 2021 2:20 PM in response to GeorgeE901

Hello, GeorgeE901.

As others have indicated, your hope to use a new iMac as a monitor is not an option.

However, you might consider purchasing a new Mac mini and use it with the keyboard, mouse and monitor you already have on your pc. You can use an inexpensive switch for this purpose. (Search "KVM switch" at Google or Amazon).

If this is just for home use, I think the new mini could serve you well for much less cheddar than the new iMac.

edit - my bad. just realized your other pc is a work laptop. Disregard. 🥴

imac as second monitor on a windows laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.