Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services disabled on MacOS

It may have started in Catalina but it's constant in Big Sur; Location Services constanly shuts off even though I have locked the settings in security and privacy preferences.

Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Obviously not as important with stationary devices but would be nice to have it working again.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 1:35 PM

4 replies

Jun 12, 2021 1:45 PM in response to micanichi

micanichi wrote:

It may have started in Catalina but it's constant in Big Sur; Location Services constanly shuts off even though I have locked the settings in security and privacy preferences.
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) 4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Obviously not as important with stationary devices but would be nice to have it working again.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/51e6a51f-c46e-43ef-ac82-001dbd332ce5

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/Anti-Virus/VPN

Jun 13, 2021 8:57 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks. I don't install apps that fall directly under those categories but I did delete CCC (never used on my latest iMac), LastPass, TG Pro, Weatherly, Canon Camera Apps, Photos Extensions and a few others, restarting each time to see if Location Services stayed on but nothing changed.

Adobe has so many apps, sometimes 2 of the same running in the background and the Core Sync and Helper so I'm curious about those. Autodesk is another. I use mobile versions of Adobe and Autodesk apps that sync with my iMac - neither have full disk access. I deleted LastPass from Firefox, Safari, Chrome (and will delete Chrome and Earth to solve the issue) but nothing has worked far. The internal drive is an OWC SSD (it was installed when I bought the iMac from them) - trying to think of anything out of the ordinary.

Location Services disabled on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.