Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone won’t update its saying that I’m not connected to the internet and I’m using it right now to send this message

I’m trying to update my iPhone to iOS14.6 and I keep getting an error message saying “you are not connected to the internet try again later” but I’m using it right now on the internet l. Any advice on how to solve this issue?

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 5:00 AM

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 5:00 AM in response to siedah17

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Jun 13, 2021 7:52 PM in response to siedah17

I've been told that it's best to update your phone while it's charging. No matter if you're phone's at 100% or at 51%, it's better and faster if you charge it. I recommend you do this first.

If that doesn't work, try updating your phone at a different "location" where you can connect to that house's/place's Wi-Fi that hopefully has a stronger connection (with their permission, of course).

If that doesn't work either, this is the most pain-staking process but you have to update it using your laptop that has iTunes in it. Doesn't matter whether it's a MacBook or a Windows laptop, you just need the iTunes app and you need to connect your iPhone to your laptop. You should find a very small icon of a phone around the top right of your screen once you've connected them, and if you click it, there will be a clear button that says "Update" and you just need to click on that. You may need to "Sync" it first but I believe that it is all you need to do.

If it fails because the "network connection has timed out" or for whatever reason, don't panic, it just takes a few tries. It took me 3-5 times of clicking "Update" again and again before my phone actually DID update. So just be patient.

I hope this helps.

My iPhone won’t update its saying that I’m not connected to the internet and I’m using it right now to send this message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.