Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY PHONE WON'T CONNECT TO WIFI ANYMORE. I CAN'T RESTORE MY PHONE WITHOUT SHUTTING OFF MY FIND MY IPHONE LOCATION. TO DO THAT, I NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO WIFI. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY I CAN FIX MY PHONE?

My iphone 8 does not have wifi available to connect. I have reboot my phone several times and it won't show.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 5:41 PM

jfeierabend Said:

"My iphone 8 does not have wifi available to connect. I have reboot my phone several times and it won't show."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 5:41 PM in response to jfeierabend

jfeierabend Said:

"My iphone 8 does not have wifi available to connect. I have reboot my phone several times and it won't show."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

D. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

Jun 21, 2021 8:19 PM in response to annarose488

annarose488 Said:

"im having the same problem and ive tried everything you listed and nothing worked"

-------

A Few Thoughts:

A. Any Recent Updates?:

Did you recently update your iPhone? If so, go here: If you See an Error when you Update or Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

B. Restore form a Backup:

Have a backup of your iPhone that was made when Wi-Fi was working? If you are not concerned with losing data, then restore your iPhone to the backup. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always backup your iPhone prior to making any changes to it (i.e. updates) incase anything goes wrong with the installation.

C. As a Last Resort:

Restore your iPhone settings to their defaults. Note to backup your iPad, prior to doing to.

Go Here: Return iPad Settings to their Defaults - Apple Support

Jul 7, 2021 12:36 AM in response to jfeierabend

In my case , My wifi and bluetooth both have been greyed out after my iOS software update to 14.6. The phone will or allow me to enable wifi or Bluetooth.

Have run the diagnostics and found that both the functions have been affected after the update while chewing through expensive cellular 4G data. I have tried to reset all network settings and also visited a service provider who mentioned, take it up with Apple as we can only sell you a new phone.

my iphone 8S does not connect to wifi or Bluetooth anymore. I don’t understand if iOS updates are meant to affect your phone or improve it? Am frustrated and awaiting Apple support to call me

MY PHONE WON'T CONNECT TO WIFI ANYMORE. I CAN'T RESTORE MY PHONE WITHOUT SHUTTING OFF MY FIND MY IPHONE LOCATION. TO DO THAT, I NEED TO BE CONNECTED TO WIFI. IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY I CAN FIX MY PHONE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.