Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.4 - Can't Print and Acrobat shutting down

I upgraded to Big Sur 11.4. I am now unable to print Word documents (most recent version of Office 365). Acrobat shuts down if I try to print - will not stay open. I do not have these issues with my MacAir that runs Mojave. I did not have these issues with Big Sur11.3. This is an HP printer (not wireless).

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 6:51 PM

Thank you. I have (had) the latest versions of all software. Last night, I actually reinstalled Big Sur and now things are working - even my old printer. I should have posted an update.

Please close this case.

Thank you again!

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 14, 2021 6:13 PM in response to CSULB

Two things that are important: 1) HP printer drivers released prior to Nov 2020 are not really meant for Big Sur, and 2) you also need to keep Adobe Acrobat Reader or Pro DC updated to the most current version for Big Sur.

Visit the HP site for your particular printer model and check drivers for macOS 11, not the macOS 10.15 that it may falsely detect instead of Big Sur. If your printer is sufficiently old, HP may have dropped support for it on Big Sur. At any rate, you need to visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, and control-click on the HP printer model shown. Select Reset printing system… and re-add the printer with any drivers for it that were released by HP after Nov 2020.

Big Sur 11.4 - Can't Print and Acrobat shutting down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.