Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help Regarding Activation Lock

My grandfather purchased an iPhone many years ago but recently, he let another woman (a friend of my grandmothers) use the phone. She put her own Apple ID in and now it’s in Activation lock. We followed the steps to fixing this, and contact the woman to see if she could lend us to the login information so I could quickly link my current iPhone to the other one. The woman we lent the phone to doesn’t remember her Apple ID, and therefore we cannot get past the Activation Lock. Is there any way someone from Apple services can remove this Activation Lock and allow me to transfer my current iPhone to the other one?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:21 PM

Tell her to check the web browser's autofill entries, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team, or the iPhone's original owner to submit an unlock request as described in the Related Article above.

Giving out that information is a security risk. If she is able to get back into the account, she can unlock it herself.

(199939)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 2:21 PM in response to alyszeh

Tell her to check the web browser's autofill entries, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team, or the iPhone's original owner to submit an unlock request as described in the Related Article above.

Giving out that information is a security risk. If she is able to get back into the account, she can unlock it herself.

(199939)

Help Regarding Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.