Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness HIIT not accurately tracking exercise minutes

Hi! I have noticed that I don't get credit in exercise minutes when I do an HIIT workout in the Apple Fitness app. I get credit for calories burned but not exercise, even when my heart rate is through the roof. It doesn’t happen with other types of workouts, just the HIIT ones. Anyone have any guesses about what may be going on?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 1:23 AM

That is pretty interesting. Some people here have reported similar troubles with Rowing for instance. It is curious why this would happen with a certain workout only, or a subset anyway. And not for all users either.

Are you using any special (third party) apps for your workouts? You could try unpair and re-pair, to bring back factory level settings. That will still keep your apps and data intact. Beyond that, I dont know what else to try, apart from contacting Apple Support directly.

Get Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 1:23 AM in response to monicafromwest hollywood

That is pretty interesting. Some people here have reported similar troubles with Rowing for instance. It is curious why this would happen with a certain workout only, or a subset anyway. And not for all users either.

Are you using any special (third party) apps for your workouts? You could try unpair and re-pair, to bring back factory level settings. That will still keep your apps and data intact. Beyond that, I dont know what else to try, apart from contacting Apple Support directly.

Get Support

Apple Fitness HIIT not accurately tracking exercise minutes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.