Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 pro overcharged and died, 6 moths since brand new, halucinating seller support outcome, need help from Apple Experts

Hi All,

I am reaching to the entire Apple community hoping to solve the mystery behind how my iPhone 12 Pro died suddenly after only 6 months of use.

Context:

Bought a brand new iPhone 12 Pro, Dual Sim Physical, 256 GB, Blue 6 months ago from QuickMobile. ro, it came in a brand new box, and it has two years warranty with the seller and one year with Apple.

I have been using iPhone for more than 10 years now, even in California 5 years ago. Never had an issue, never dropped my phone, never broke any screens etc. Applied protective case and screen since day one.

Last week I did do the last software update to iOS 14.6, the second day the phone went smoothly, I left it on my desk to start prepping food. After 3 hours, came back to check my notifications when I discovered that my phone was overcharged and dead. Tried to restart it, took out the sim card , plugged it in, tried to connect it to my laptop.......all the steps advised by Apple....Zero.. the black screen of death. No Apple icon. Later it cooled down and still dead.

Checked the seller's warranty portal, since I have two years, submitted a ticket for repairs, the next day they sent a carrier and picked up my phone. I packaged it like it was some sort of fine China.

After 3-4 days of no ticket update, I e-mailed the Service Return Company and asked them what the **** is happening. They moved my phone into diagnosis, after another 3-4 days it was moved into repairs.

After another 3 days and numerous follow-ups from my side, they replied with a hallucinating answer, it seems like my iPhone had its humidity sensor active and they consider it was full of water and misused.

Completely Absurd, unreal......you name it.

They were also open to repair it on my charge, practically replacing from chip to whatever at a cost of almost a brand new iPhone. They also voided my warranty. (I think we are referring to the seller 2 year's warranty)

If I consider the outcome is not correct, they are willing to send my phone to a second expert at my cost. In case these guys say the humidity story is not true then they will send me a new iPhone. Else, they return the phone at my cost.

Regardless of how messed up this customer service situation seems, the lies, and absurd support outcomes I am still asking myself, what the **** happened to my phone in a couple of hours? why did it overcharge and die forever? it's a pristine 6 months old iPhone 12 Pro.

I still think I have the international Apple warranty (in case the services already in action did not void that one too) and want to reach an expert Apple Service to sort it out. It is beyond my power of understanding.

Please help me. Did someone else experience something similar?

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 8:19 AM

iphones cannot overcharge. What makes you think it did?

Red moisture indicators are usually accurate.

There is no international warranty on iphones. A dual SIM (ie Chinese) phone cannot be serviced in Romania for example.

Get help by contacting Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here:contact Apple Support 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 8:19 AM in response to RoxyFoxy88

iphones cannot overcharge. What makes you think it did?

Red moisture indicators are usually accurate.

There is no international warranty on iphones. A dual SIM (ie Chinese) phone cannot be serviced in Romania for example.

Get help by contacting Apple Support directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here:contact Apple Support 

iPhone 12 pro overcharged and died, 6 moths since brand new, halucinating seller support outcome, need help from Apple Experts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.