Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music offline stops intermittently

Looks like this is an ongoing issue that others have also pointed out. In my case I have offline lossless music downloaded and the music just randomly stops playing. After 10 seconds if I hit play again it will start working. I’m not streaming music so it’s NOT a connectivity issue. Restarted, reconfigured Bluetooth headset, restarted iPhone same issue persists. Clearly there is no issue in the file as the track doesn’t play out eventually.

Spotify worked seamlessly offline - can someone look into this?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:12 PM

I’m having the problem when I’m offline

the music stops playing after a few seconds and won’t play when I hit play

and when I skip to next song it happens again

it does get better when connected to internet

25 replies

Jun 16, 2021 10:50 AM in response to debashishb

Hello debashishb,

We see that you're having trouble playing Apple Music offline. We'd be happy to look in to this with you!

Could you please confirm for us which iOS version you're currently running? You can check that in Settings > General > About.

Does this only seem to happen when using bluetooth headphones, or does it happen when using the internal speakers as well?

Does it happen with all music, or just specific songs or albums?

Cheers!

Jun 17, 2021 12:06 AM in response to Bryan_K1

Hi there,

yes the problem exists even when I use the iPhone internal speakers.

Works perfect till I’m connected and then stops almost within 15 seconds of going offline. Track won’t play or I have to move to the next track and come back to it and play it again. I tried to play this evening and gave up inflight. The moment we landed and it connected back to the internet it was perfect.

happens across albums, playlists both my own and Apple Music curated ones

14.6 is the IOS version

Jun 18, 2021 8:58 AM in response to debashishb

This happened when my iPhone was connected to car Bluetooth in the basement where there’s no cellular signal. Downloaded lossless songs stop playing after 15 seconds. Tried restarting app/phone, re-downloading, all the usual BS, still nothing. At first, I thought the Tesla car Bluetooth was to blame. Then I tried turning on airplane mode, not connecting to anything, playing from speaker only; still, downloaded lossless songs stopped playing after 15 seconds!

FIX IT ASAP APPLE!

Jul 2, 2021 12:34 PM in response to Bryan_K1

I’ve also been having the same issue for just over a week now. It’s quite a bummer because fly a lot. Sometimes if I close out of Music while I’m in airplane mode, and then reopen it, it will work better. But this only seems to happen to music I’ve downloaded recently. No matter how many times I delete and re download, the problem persists, yet at different stages in the songs. I’ve also gotten a loud screeching noise once before.

Jul 6, 2021 3:04 PM in response to patriotfreak201

I am having the exact same issue. When connected to wifi it works perfectly, but on ANY Bluetooth speaker first song in a newly downloaded album will play and then from the second song on it simply stops playing. You press play again and you get about 15 seconds and it stops again. It is ONLy doing it on music i have downloaded in the past week.

What is the fix apple, as this doesn’t seem to be an isolated issue??

Jul 18, 2021 12:36 PM in response to Keith_Rha

Unfortunately not, Apple support made me change my settings on the music quality and iCloud account and then redownload the songs. That didn’t fix the problem. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Apple Music and then redownloaded all the songs in lossless and that didn’t fix it either. From the pre-release notes, looks like iOS 14.7 has some fix around playback issues for Apple Music Lossless. So fingers crossed that might solve the problem. Till then, Spotify is my app when I’m listening to music offline

Jul 19, 2021 3:10 PM in response to arnold.lax

Hello everyone

I’ve had this issue for a while and was able to fix it

simply reinstall Apple Music

it will of course delete all your music but after re downloading it works

so if you don’t know how

long press and hit remove and then delete app

re install from AppStore and it should I start working fine offline

I do recommend not re enabling loss less or Dolby since they seem to have caused it

hope this helps

Jul 19, 2021 3:21 PM in response to debashishb

Try deleting and redownloading the song. It could be that download is bad. Also whenever your redownload the song make sure you stay online and connected to either cellur data or wifi the entire time your redownloading the song. It could be that you accidently went offline (disconnected from Wi-Fi/cellurar signal) during the download. Also if your having the issuse with a bluetooth speaker from a different device make sure they are on the same wifi/celluar connection. Also check to make sure that all devices are a good charge level. Low charge levels can cause these types of issues.

Apple Music offline stops intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.