Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spacebar preview does not preview animated Gifs correctly timed - frame and frame hold one frame off.

This only has been a problem since updating to Catalina, If I preview an animated gif by hitting the spacebar the gif plays back, but the timing is off. The problem is that the frames and hold time for each frame are off by one fame.

For example, if I have a 4-second hold on the first frame and a .05 hold on the second frame when played using spacebar preview the playback will skip the 4-second hold on the first frame and hold it for 4-seconds on the second frame. That second frame was intended to be a quick transition ad was supposed to only hold for a fraction of a second.

This has been driving me crazy please help. I notice a similar post with this same issue had been posted with many people reporting confirming this issue but it was not resolved, I think due to the person reporting the bug not communicating the problem very well.

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 2:09 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Spacebar preview does not preview animated Gifs correctly timed - frame and frame hold one frame off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.