Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if a code does not automatically pop up on my Apple TV app?

How do I mirror to my Apple TV app when the code isn’t automatically popping up on my TV?

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 10:58 PM

Are you trying to AirPlay?

From what device?

To what device? You can AirPlay to an Apple TV box, or to select AirPlay-enabled TVs, or select AirPlay-enabled streaming devices. Not to other other devices. List of AirPlay 2–enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

AirPlay does not depend on the presence of the Apple TV app. Those are two separate functionalities.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

AirPlay-enabled devices should be added to the Home app, and be assigned a room. Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 10:58 PM in response to katbowerse

Are you trying to AirPlay?

From what device?

To what device? You can AirPlay to an Apple TV box, or to select AirPlay-enabled TVs, or select AirPlay-enabled streaming devices. Not to other other devices. List of AirPlay 2–enabled smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

AirPlay does not depend on the presence of the Apple TV app. Those are two separate functionalities.

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

AirPlay-enabled devices should be added to the Home app, and be assigned a room. Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app - Apple Support

What if a code does not automatically pop up on my Apple TV app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.