Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

@mac.com @me.com accounts

I noticed that with having these two accounts that my mac.com information doesnt appear on my phone. IE. Photos from @mac.com doesnt show up on my @me.com account that is on my phone. This is totally new and i dont wanna lose my photos.

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 4:28 PM

Those have not been accounts since 09/2012 when MobileMe was shut down. They are merely email aliases to your @icloud.com email account. The account associated with them now is your iCloud account. So if you made any changes in your iCloud photos or account, then that would explain any changes you’re seeing.

See -> iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 4:28 PM in response to Txcheffy36

Those have not been accounts since 09/2012 when MobileMe was shut down. They are merely email aliases to your @icloud.com email account. The account associated with them now is your iCloud account. So if you made any changes in your iCloud photos or account, then that would explain any changes you’re seeing.

See -> iCloud: About your @icloud.com, @me.com, and @mac.com email addresses - Apple Support

Jun 15, 2021 5:22 PM in response to Txcheffy36

There is nothing to switch over now. MobileMe is dead and has been since September of 2012. There is and has only been iCloud since then. Whatever data you had associated with those legacy accounts moved to iCloud in 09/2012 and has been in iCloud ever since. The @mac,com and @me.com are email aliases only and nothing more. They have no data independent of what you have in iCloud. There is no separate @me.com or @mac.com storage for anything.

So whatever happened happened to your iCloud account since that is all any if us have had since September 2012. There is no @me.com account. It’s just an alias to iCloud.

Jun 15, 2021 5:42 PM in response to Txcheffy36

But that’s what makes no sense. They cannot be tied to an @mac.com account as there have not been @mac.com accounts for nearly a decade now. They do not exist. There is only iCloud and everything and anything from your @mac.com or MobileMe accounts not migrated to iCloud before 09/2012 quite literally went poof on the internet when those services were shut down that year. It it hadn’t been migrated to iCloud by 09/2012, you simply lost it.

So whatever happened, it happened to your iCloud account, not your @mac.com account since there is no @mac.com account anymore. There are also no @me.com accounts. Both your @mac.com and @me.com addresses are just aliases, nothing more than pointers to your iCloud email inbox.

So you need to remember and clarify what exactly happened when you noticed the missing information for anyone to help. Again, there are no @mac.com nor @me.com accounts. They don’t exist. There is only iCloud..

So whatever happened has to have happened to your iCloud account as that is all you have and all you have had for nearly a decade now.

Jun 16, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Txcheffy36

No, the only way to delete any @mac.com address or any @me.com address would be to delete the AppleID they are associated with. That deletes everything tied to that AppleID including the iCloud account tied to it. Again there is NO such thing as an @mac.com account. That email address is nothing more than an alias to your iCloud account. It serves as a synonymous login I’d for your AppleID but it is not its own standing account. It’s just a pointer to your iCloud account’s inbox.

The same thing for your @me.com. It is not an account either. It to is simply an alias to your iCloud account inbox. You have one single account - your iCloud account with your AppleID. The other two legacy email addresses just now point to that.

@mac.com @me.com accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.