Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OTP not receive after doing MNP

Hello,

After having MNP(Mobile number portability- moving other career keeping same number) I am facing OTP is not coming from apple while I tried to add mobile number in iCloud. I am from Bangladesh. Yesterday I moved from Grameenphone to Robi (Local career name)

How can I get solutions?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:16 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 17, 2021 7:04 AM in response to proshno

Hello proshno,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you recently switched carriers and ported your number to the new carrier but are now not receiving messages from Apple. We’d like to help.

Just to clarify, when you say “OTP” are you referring to the verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number? If so, here’s how to Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication.

Have you verified with the carrier that the number was successfully ported? Can you send or receive other messages using this number?

Are you signing in on a new Apple device? Check out the steps in the resource above to see how you can request a verification code.

Take care.

Jun 17, 2021 10:27 AM in response to proshno

proshno,

Take a look at "Manage your account" in Two-factor authentication for Apple ID. If you're trying to add a new trusted number in Settings on your device but unable to verify the number with a text message, try choosing the option to get an automated call.

Are you able to receive SMS messages from other contacts? Test to see if you can. If you can, reach out to Apple Support: Get Support. However, If you cannot, you'll want to reach out to your carrier.

Have a nice day.

Jun 17, 2021 10:08 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hey Jeff,

Firstly I would like to thank you for coming here.

Basically after porting my number at new career I tried to add my number at my ICloud following below steps-

Setting-tap on my iCloud picture- add phone, email- reachable at- edit- add phone

while I am trying to add phone there should be received a OTP. But its not coming

meanwhile sms charge deducted after trying for OTP every time.

how I get OTP now?

or how can I add my number here?

without adding number I can’t use iMessage and FaceTime

please help

OTP not receive after doing MNP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.