Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sir will not play a music track on my iPhone8 when asked.

Until about two weeks ago I could ask Siri to play a music track from my library and it would. Now when I ask for example "Hey Siri play play Midnight Rambler by the Rolling Stones" all I get is "Sorry you'll need to continue in BBC sounds".

If I ask the same question to Siri on my iPad it plays the track.

Help and thought will be appreciated.

Fred T

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 11:15 PM

Siri appears to have chosen BBC Sounds as your new default music app. Ask Siri to ‘play music from music’ and it may once more choose songs from your Apple Music app. You may have to do this repeatedly until it ‘learns’.

12 replies

Jun 18, 2021 11:13 AM in response to FredWilson81

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, FredWilson81!

We see that you're having some trouble with Siri playing your music. We'll be happy to see how we can help. To start, we've got some questions to better understand what's going on.

•Which iPhone model and iOS version you're using?

•Does restarting your iPhone change that behavior at all?

•Does Siri successfully respond to other commands?

We look forward to your response.

Cheers.

Jun 21, 2021 12:20 AM in response to FredWilson81

Sadly the problem with my I phone has returned but it is intermittent.

I have had my iPhone 8 since December 2019 and I enjoyed the fact that I could ask Siri to play a music track. A few weeks ago when I requested a track via Siri I got the message " Sorry you will have to continue in BBC sounds". All other questions to Siri are still answered.

A few days ago I reset the phone back to factory settings and all was well but the problem has returned and strangely when I asked Siri to play a track this morning it turned on BBC radio 4.

Any thoughts?

Fred

Sir will not play a music track on my iPhone8 when asked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.