Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Computer (iMac) Catalina 10.15.7 says the Safari is not open. It will not run, what can I do?

Safari does not open on my iMac. When I try to open it it says it is not responding. What can I do?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 8:09 PM

Hello, rjstef.

SAFE MODE

If you haven't rebooted into safe mode anytime recently you should try that to see if it helps. Let the Mac OS do drive directory repair, cache clearing and other misc housekeeping. Often just booting into safe mode and logging in, then immediately rebooting normally will resolve an issue.  You should do this with all your external peripherals disconnected but the keyboard and mouse.

Booting into Safe Mode… 

Use safe mode to isolate issues - Apple Support

When you restart your Mac, press and hold the <shift key> until you see the Apple logo and progress bar.

Note– starting up in Safe mode could take 10 minutes or more. Be patient.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Restart your Macintosh and re-evaluate the issue.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 8:09 PM in response to rjstef

Hello, rjstef.

SAFE MODE

If you haven't rebooted into safe mode anytime recently you should try that to see if it helps. Let the Mac OS do drive directory repair, cache clearing and other misc housekeeping. Often just booting into safe mode and logging in, then immediately rebooting normally will resolve an issue.  You should do this with all your external peripherals disconnected but the keyboard and mouse.

Booting into Safe Mode… 

Use safe mode to isolate issues - Apple Support

When you restart your Mac, press and hold the <shift key> until you see the Apple logo and progress bar.

Note– starting up in Safe mode could take 10 minutes or more. Be patient.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode? 

Restart your Macintosh and re-evaluate the issue.

My Computer (iMac) Catalina 10.15.7 says the Safari is not open. It will not run, what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.