Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15 not working

Safari 15 is not working on my Mac Mini with Catalina in it, it opens but doesn’t show any window. Anybody has the same problem?

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 7:26 PM

15 replies

Oct 8, 2021 4:01 AM in response to KIM SHOPE

Hi, I had the similar problem with Safari 15 until a while ago... Safari was keeping crushing every time I try to open it. Simply, I could not use Safari at all...

The Solution I have taken and it has worked for me is.... to Reinstall MacOs altogether.

In my case, I reinstalled macOS Big Sur.

1. Shut down your Mac
  2. (if yours is M1 Mac's case) Press the power button & hold it until the option page appears. (if not, please check here: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1599/mac )
  3. Choose the options and one of them is Reinstall macOS Big Sur
  4. After reinstalling it, Safari has gone back to 14.1.2, instead of 15.
  5. Voila! Now I can use Safari comfortably as before.

Additional Notes... however, it was not so simple when I did that solution, because my Mac did not want to accept to reinstall MacOS onto my harddrive stating that there is no enough available storage... I ended up deleting so many different apps on my Mac, I had regained 120gb or so of the available storage. Still, when I went to the Option/Recovery mode and when I try to reinstall the MacOS, it insisted that there is only 30gb or so available and it did not allow me to proceed....

For that storage problem.... the solution is this.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/650026

Time Machine's local snapshot has remained on the hard drive, which was blocking huge storage...

As per the instructions, I have removed the local snapshots of Time Machine (manually in my case).

And then, I could reinstall macOS Big Sur as stated above.

Hopefully, this will help you! :)

Sep 22, 2021 7:04 AM in response to darverr

Yesterday, I updated to Catalina 10.15.7 2021-005 (19H1417) Safari Version 15.0 (15612.1.29.41.4, 15612), and I am experiencing the same problem. Secure interactive business/banking websites at "log in", result in: "This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred." resulting in a blank page with the message: "a problem repeatedly occurred with "https://www._________.com"

Need fix asap! Please.

Sep 26, 2021 8:54 AM in response to Mamburuburu

This worked for me. Safari would open, then lockup after about 30 seconds with high memory (over 1 GB) and low CPU utilization. I installed the latest Catalina update (10.15.7), cleared the cache and cookies, and reinstalled Safari but no joy.  Then I disabled javascript and all was good. Memory and CPU usage returned to normal levels. I then re-enabled javascript (because I think a lot of sites require it) and all was still good. So this seemed to be the fix for me. I have a 2012 13" retina MacBook Pro.

Oct 6, 2021 5:50 AM in response to darverr

Hello,

When I click the link for Safari 15.O from your sentence it just brings me back to this discussion. "If no update appears, you can download and reinstall Safari 15.0 through this link: Safari 15.0"

I searched but could not find a way to re-install the stand alone version of Safari 15.0 for my Macbook Pro 16" running Big Sur 11.6.

Thanks!

Safari 15 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.