Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 15.0 Update Issue, macOS Catalina

"Website was reloaded because of a problem"

"A problem repeatedly occurred with (site)"

After the Safari 15.0 update on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 I'm getting the above errors on dozens of sites. The website will attempt to load several times with the "Website was reloaded" message at the top, then finally divert to a blank screen with the "A problem occurred" message in the center. The button option below is "Reload Webpage" and then the cycle repeats itself.

Computer has been restarted, Safari has been restarted, history/cache has been cleared, etc.

Is there something I can do to get this to stop so that I can actually use Safari again?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 10:04 AM

Hi nlt05a,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to browse the web in Safari, as an error message appears. We'll be happy to help.

Just to be sure, let's see if there's an available software update for Safari on your Mac. Here's how: Update or reinstall Safari for your computer

If no update appears, you can download and reinstall Safari 15.0 through this link: Safari 15.0

Once the install is complete, please restart your Mac and see if you can browse the web in Safari without any issues.

Please let us know if that helps.

Best regards.

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 10:04 AM in response to Community User

Hi nlt05a,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to browse the web in Safari, as an error message appears. We'll be happy to help.

Just to be sure, let's see if there's an available software update for Safari on your Mac. Here's how: Update or reinstall Safari for your computer

If no update appears, you can download and reinstall Safari 15.0 through this link: Safari 15.0

Once the install is complete, please restart your Mac and see if you can browse the web in Safari without any issues.

Please let us know if that helps.

Best regards.

Oct 17, 2021 11:26 AM in response to Community User

Hi @bryanr14, I see a very positive response to the solution shared. Before I exercise this approach, would you please confirm:

1. Does this solution work for Mac Big Sur v11.6?
  2. The standalone download link is authentic and reliable?
  3. Can we expect this issue to be resolved by Apple (maybe the same resolution) but officially with a fix or update?

Apple should be fixing this issue as it impacts so many people/users globally.

Youtube link demonstrating the issue (having a similar issue) - Safari crashes when adding a Youtube link to Reading List or Bookmark

Best,

Sandy

Oct 6, 2021 5:49 AM in response to bryanr14

Hello bryanr14,

When I click the link for Safari 15.O from your sentence it just brings me back to this discussion. "If no update appears, you can download and reinstall Safari 15.0 through this link: Safari 15.0"

I searched but could not find a way to re-install the stand alone version of Safari 15.0 for my Macbook Pro 16" running Big Sur 11.6.

Thanks!

Oct 15, 2021 7:04 AM in response to bryanr14

Thanks for that, bryanr14

Before reading this thread I had re-installed Catalina and still had the reload problem with Safari 15.

After reading your reply, I've never heard of swcdn.apple.com so I did some checking. It seems to be a legitimate server for Apple but I still have one question.

Why is Apple providing a fix with this stand alone installer rather than including it in the Catalina re-install? And why aren't they making this known to us?

How did you find out about this link?

I guess I'm just trying to be careful...and a little curious

Thanks again

Oct 18, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Community User

I have exact same issue on Catalina 10.15.7.Can't load sign in page on certain websites incl eBay, and get the error message re continuous error in loading.Cleaned all the caches etc but no joy. I had a live chat with Apple on Oct 1st ; she went through all sorts of things and when we got to the stage of a safe mode restart I checked out of the chat as I'd had enough and was getting a headache. I'm a bit angry with Apple that they now know about this bug and have done nothing about it. Seems I'm going to have to reinstall Catalina or upgrade to Big Sur; with the inherent costs of having to upgrade 3rd party software. Not happy with Apple as they seem to be sitting on this bug.

Oct 18, 2021 11:26 AM in response to laurencefromwilmslow

FWIW, here are my answers to some of the above questions..

I've checked the swcdn.apple.com website and I believe it to be authentic. I have downloaded and installed Safari using the link and it has fixed my problem with websites being reloaded. I see nothing unusual about the Mac since the install. Safari 15 is the same build as before the download.

I have read on another forum where this download is strictly for Catalina users and I believe this is true because the name of the downloaded package is "Safari15.0CatalinaAuto.pkg.

Oct 18, 2021 11:29 AM in response to Claudius2k

Not Sure! I think it was just showing the issue while adding a youtube link to the bookmark. In my case, it's while adding to Reading List. Connected with the technical support, they said to 1) Reinstall macBigSur and now they are suggesting to 2) erase everything and reinstall macBig Sur. I haven't reinstalled it yet, will keep everyone posted if it works or not.

Did anyone try it already? Care to share your experience.

Safari 15.0 Update Issue, macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.