Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro will not update to 14.6

I just got a new 12 Pro but I cannot restore my iCloud backup from the old phone because it was running iOS 14.6. However I cannot update to 14.6 on the new phone. If I go into Settings->General->Software Update it says it already has the latest iOS, 14.4.2.

Anyone else running into this? I can't proceed with transferring my old stuff until I can get the iOS versions to match.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 9:29 PM

I was finally able to work around this by updating it with a computer running iTunes. Give this a try if you are having the same problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252877409

4 replies

Jun 17, 2021 8:54 PM in response to squareWave808

This is happening to me as well. Old iPhone was running 14.6 and backed up to iCloud. Unfortunately that phone is damaged and no longer works. My new iPhone doesn’t see the 14.6 update, so I can’t restore it. This is an extremely bad customer experience. I pay Apple for iCloud storage and the one time I need it, it is useless.

iPhone 12 Pro will not update to 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.