Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote

I have the latest Apple TV. And my problem is that I can't control the volume of my Samsung Soundbar using Siri Remote. By the way, the soundbar is connected optically. I tried to connect it via Bluetooth and I can now control its volume, but I still prefer the optical connection for convenience.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 2:14 AM

Verify that the audio controls are set as “Receiver via IR”.

Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥[ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ] Volume Control﹥Receiver via IR

If the soundbar expects an unusual volume control signal, then you may learn the remote new signals.

Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥[ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ] Volume Control﹥Learn new Device…

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 2:14 AM in response to louierey7

Verify that the audio controls are set as “Receiver via IR”.

Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥[ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ] Volume Control﹥Receiver via IR

If the soundbar expects an unusual volume control signal, then you may learn the remote new signals.

Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥[ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ] Volume Control﹥Learn new Device…

Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.