Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro crashing when I try to export or render the video

As soon as I press the export as YouTube or Facebook video in the file menu it crashes with the attached logs. It was working fine for the previous projects and suddenly this has started happening. To fix this I have tried restarting multiple times, making space on my hard drive, updated my mac to latest including final cut pro.

Nothing worked.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 9:47 AM

AntivirusforMac.app

What's this?

Try this. Create a new admin user. Log into the new user. Launch FCP, import a few clips, put them in a timeline, and try exporting.

Do you have any third party plugins that use a system installer? Reinstall them.

Similar questions

15 replies

Jun 18, 2021 4:40 PM in response to qambarr

I have attached the report in the above message it seems the error is:

dyld3 mode

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSGenericException', re

ason: 'SkyLight offline - restart corebrightnessd'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called

Jun 18, 2021 5:57 PM in response to qambarr

Okay, please provide detailed info about the project and detailed specs of the footage (post screenshots) and hopefully we can help you sort out the problem. Does this happen with all libraries or just this one? Have you tried creating a new library, bringing in just one of the clips and exporting? Have you reset the FCP preferences after each crash?

Final Cut Pro crashing when I try to export or render the video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.